This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- A12a – Graphs of [linear functions,] quadratic functions, [simple cubic functions, and the reciprocal function]
- A18a – Solving quadratic equations by factorising
Identifying roots, intercepts and turning points of quadratic functions graphically
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Teachers: log in to access these.
Interactive activity: Identifying roots, intercepts and turning points
Identify the turning point, \(y\)-intercept and any roots (or \(x\)-intercepts of the quadratic function. Click “New question” to generate a new graph and “Show answer” to reveal the answer.
If the answer covers some of the graph, you can drag it out of the way.
Identifying the equation of a quadratic curve given the points of intersection with the axes
Teachers: log in to view this content.