This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- A12a – Graphs of [linear functions,] quadratic functions, [simple cubic functions, and the reciprocal function]
- A11a – Identifying roots, intercepts and turning points of quadratic functions graphically
- A11b – Identifying turning points of quadratic functions by completing the square
- A18a – Solving quadratic equations by factorising
Interactive GeoGebra activity: Identifying the equation of a quadratic curve from a sketch
Before sketching quadratics, make sure that you can identify the equations of quadratic curves given a sketch, as covered in lessons A11a and A11b.
Interactive GeoGebra Activity: sketching quadratics
Generate new questions by clicking the “New question” button. Change the style of the question by adjusting the horizontal slider. To see what your sketch should look like, simply drag down the vertical slider. You can move the labels of the key points around a little to aid visibility.
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)