This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- Students will need to understand the definition of polygon, which may have been covered in lessons G1a, G1f, and G3c.
- Students need to be comfortable with addition and multiplication from lesson N2a.
Perimeter of polygons
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Links to past exam questions
Teachers: log in to access these.
Perimeter and arithmetic skills exercise: adding integers, decimals, surds and collecting like terms
In the real world
Teachers: log in to view this content.
- G17b – Circumference of a circle
- G17d – Perimeter and area of composite shapes made up of polygons
- G17e – Perimeter and area of composite shapes made up of polygons and sectors of circles
- G20a – Pythagoras’ theorem
- Pythagoras and surds assorted problems – requiring knowledge of G20a, N8b, G17a, and G16c