This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- A knowledge of place value would be helpful.
A starting point: Place valueWith thanks to Steve, whose Place Value Review worksheet is available here. Material modified and embedded here under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.
Ordering positive and negative integers
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
- Skills drill worksheet (40 questions on one side of A4; answers included)
Links to past exam and UKMT questions
Teachers: log in to access these.
Unlimited practice questions: Highest and lowest numbers
Unlimited practice questions: Place value
This activity goes a step further than the lesson by introducing place value columns after the decimal point.With thanks to Steve, whose Place Value Review worksheet is available here. Material modified and embedded here under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license.
Cross-curricular link: climate change
This is based on data from https://www.globalwarmingindex.org
- Look at the temperature change. What is the value of the eighth digit after the decimal point?
In the real world
Teachers: log in to view this content.