This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- The ability to multiply whole numbers from lesson N2b is assumed.
Systematic listing strategies and the product rule for counting
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Links to past exam questions
Teachers: log in to access these.
Interactive applet: How many different routes?
In this applet, note that you can only travel from left to right.
In the real world
Teachers: log in to view this content.
- Some probability problems will require you to understand the product rule for counting.