This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- A knowledge of the four operations from lessons N2a, N2b, N2c, N2d, N2e and N2f is assumed—in particular, the ability to multiply integers is essential.
- N6a – Using positive integer powers and associated real roots
- N15a – Rounding numbers and measures to an appropriate degree of accuracy
Estimating powers and roots
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Teachers: log in to access these.
Teachers: log in to view this content.