This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- A knowledge of the four operations from lessons N2a, N2b, N2c, N2d and N2e is assumed.
- N9a – Converting between normal numbers and standard form
- N9b – Multiplying and dividing in standard form
Skill isolation: Writing a number given in standard form with a different power of 10
Sometimes it is useful to take a number given in standard form and rewrite it so that it has a different power of 10, even though this will mean the number is no longer in standard form. Use this applet to practise this skill.
Adding and subtracting in standard form
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Teachers: log in to access these.
Teachers: log in to view this content.