This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- A good understanding of ratio and proportion−and the ability to multiply and divide−is helpful.
Skill isolation: finding the value of a denominator given a numerator and an equivalent fraction
Probability and sampling
This lesson consists of an example and exam-style questions about the capture-recapture method of estimating the size of a population (usually of wild creatures).
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
In the real world
Teachers: log in to view this content.