This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- A knowledge of the four operations from lessons N2a, N2b, N2c, N2d, N2e and N2f is assumed.
- N3b – Order of operations, including brackets, powers, roots and reciprocals
- R10a – Solving problems involving direct proportion including graphical and algebraic representations
- A12a – Graphs of linear functions, quadratic functions, simple cubic functions, and the reciprocal function
- A14a – Plotting and interpreting graphs (including reciprocal graphs and exponential graphs) and graphs of non-standard functions
An illustration of quantities in inverse proportion
Solving problems involving inverse proportion
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Links to past exam questions
Teachers: log in to access these.