This is the students’ version of the page. Log in above for the teachers’ version.
- N2b – Multiplying positive integers
- N2c – Dividing with positive integers
- R4a – Using ratio notation, and reducing ratios to simplest form
- G14a – Converting between metric units of measures of length and mass
- G14b – Converting between metric units of measures of area and volume
- G14c – Money
- G14d – Time
Applying ratio to real contexts such as mixing and conversionsThis lesson consists of exam-style questions focussing on expressing and interpreting ratios in the context of unit conversions and in the context of mixing problems. The skills required are covered in lessons noted under Prerequisites above.
Teachers: log in to access the following:
- Slides in PPTX (with click-to-reveal answers)
- Slides in PDF (one slide per page, suitable for importing into IWB software)
- Worksheet (with space for student work)
- Handout (slides with exercises only; 4 per page for reduced printing)
Links to past exam questions
Teachers: log in to access these.
- Ratio assorted problems – requiring knowledge of R3a, R4a, R5a, and R5b
- R6a – Expressing a multiplicative relationship between two quantities as a ratio or a fraction